Sunday, May 11, 2008

Vivat Spittoon and Cooksister

Just a quick post to tell you to look elsewhere, specifically here, on Andrew Barrow's Spittoon site, for a review of a lovely evening of wine, food, photography and blogging (well, I think we talked about it anyway).

Andrew has very graciously used my photos from that evening on his site, a particular honour as his site is the my main reference for the best wine photography.

Nice to meet cooksister too. I have yet to get properly immersed in the world of food blogs, but I shall certainly be following her site from now on.

This, to me anyway, is a great riposte to those who look down on the 'antisocial' aspect of blogging - writing away on your own, usually late at night. Blogging has introduced me to lots of great people I would not have met otherwise, and for that I am very grateful, particularly to those who read this site and comment, and keep me going.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

was certainly an enjoyable way to spend an evening! Looking forward to the next meet-up immensely.

Jeanne said...

It was a pleasure meeting you too - and I am wildly jealous of your fabulous pictures. Clearly I was having far too much fun to remember basics like umm, white balance and the like!

Hear hear on the social aspect of blogging too - I've met some great friends through the blog, which was an unexpected bonus. Look forward to meeting up again - maybe at Excel??

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that you made this blog not just for your own insight and i think it's really nice to meet some people especially like you. Keep it up and you are doing a real nice job.